Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Df2020. This document tells you the terms on which you may use Chatbot Author Product through Microsoft Windows 10+, Microsoft Azure and through the Microsoft Bot Framework Channels such as Skype, Web Chat, Direct Line, Email, Facebook Messenger, GroupMe, KiK, Microsoft Teams, Slack, Telegram and Twilio (SMS) Facebook, Websites, or any other third party platform (“Platform”). As part of the process of downloading our Chatbot Author Product you will be required to select one of our published Service Levels for the building, testing, uploading, publishing, and utilization of, and interactions with, the dialogue data (“Chatbot Author Service”). When you download the Chatbot Author Product and select a Chatbot Author Service you should understand that you are agreeing to purchase the relevant Chatbot Author Service, including features within the Chatbot Author Product. This means that you are agreeing to pay the charges for that Chatbot Author Service as set out within Chatbot Author Product or otherwise made known to you within other media. These charges may be varied from time to time at our discretion. You will be given however not less than 14 days’ notice of any increase in the relevant charges. The basic charge for a Chatbot Author Service depends on several factors one of which is the number of times people interact with your published chatbot. You should note that if the number of chatbot interactions recorded on your account exceeds the threshold usage for the selected Chatbot Author Service additional charges per interaction will be incurred as notified to you.
2. Who We Are
The Chatbot Author Product and Chatbot Author Service is operated by Df2020 Limited (doing business as Df2020), a limited company registered in England under company number 08885942. Our registered office is at: 31 Hall Green Lane, Hutton, Brentwood, Essex, CM13 2QX
You can use the Chatbot Author Product and Chatbot Author Service for public or private use. You will transact with Df2020 via the Windows 10+ Store using your current Microsoft username, password and account details (“Microsoft Details”). This process will serve as your authorization to acquire the Chatbot Author Product and Chatbot Author Service. For additional Chatbot Author Services such as additional chatbot interactions outside the supported Service Levels or if you need to store and analyse dialogue data you will need to enter into an additional contract with Df2020 via the Microsoft API Management Service using your Microsoft Details. The contract with Microsoft Windows 10+ Store or Microsoft API Management includes the acceptance of these terms and conditions, which means you are deemed to have entered this Agreement electronically, with effect from the date of download.
4. Use of a Chatbot Service
We can withdraw or change your Chatbot Author Service at any time without telling you and without being legally responsible to you. You must treat all chatbot app ids and passwords, and Microsoft identification codes, passwords and other security information as confidential. If we think you have failed to keep this information confidential, we can disable the Chatbot Author Service. If you are accessing the Chatbot Author Product or Chatbot Author Service on behalf of a business, then such usage will be deemed to be usage of that business and we will hold that business liable on an indemnity basis for all costs incurred (including legal costs) or claims made against us because of that usage or any failure to abide by these terms. If you permit other persons to use our Chatbot Services, then you must ensure that they read these terms and conditions and abide by them. Only use the Chatbot Author Product or Chatbot Author Service as allowed by law and these terms. If you do not, we may suspend your usage, or stop it completely. If you do not comply with these terms, and we do not act right away, this does not mean that we are giving up any rights that we may have (such as acting in the future). We are constantly changing and improving our Chatbot Author Product and Chatbot Author Services, but we do not have to do this and material you access may be out-of-date. We may add or remove functionalities or features within Chatbot Author Product, and we may suspend or stop a Chatbot Author Service altogether. You can stop using Chatbot Author Product or Chatbot Author Services at any time, although we’ll be sorry to see you go. Our chatbots are merely mechanisms for you:
- to publish dialogue content and media that you may have authored (or asked someone else to author for you), and
- have that dialogue content and media used in a systematic and efficient basis (assuming correct usage and properly authored content).
5. Intellectual Property Rights
6. Third Party Content
Df2020 works hard to respect copyright. If you believe our generated Df2020 Chatbots or our websites, is indexing your copyrighted data and you would rather it not do so, you may submit a take-down request at firstname.lastname@example.org. Dialogue content and any associated media in any chatbot is the sole responsibility of the entity that makes it available. If Df2020 reviews dialogue content and any associated media it will only be for the purpose of determining whether that material is illegal or violates Df2020’s policies. In such cases Df2020 may remove or refuse to allow any chatbot that it reasonably believes violates its policies or the law.
7. Our Legal Responsibility to You
We do not guarantee the accuracy of material in the Chatbot Author Product, Chatbot Author Service, generated Df2020 Chatbots or our websites. As far as legally possible, we exclude legal responsibility for the following:
- Any loss to you arising from use of the Chatbot Author Product, Chatbot Author Service, generated Df2020 Chatbots or our websites.
- Loss of income, profit, business, data, contracts, goodwill or savings.
- We also exclude, as far as legally possible, all terms and warranties or promises implied by law or by statutes.
We do not exclude legal responsibility for death or personal injury owing to our negligence, or legal responsibility for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for anything else where exclusion is not allowed by the law.
8. Your Content
We believe in freedom of chatbot dialogue expression and advice, but within acceptable bounds of behavior. Any accounts and related accounts engaging in chatbot activities specified below may be temporarily locked and/or subject to permanent suspension:
- Your chatbots must not engage in conversation that directly or indirectly makes violent threats;
- Your chatbots must not engage in conversation that makes threats of violence or promote violence, including threatening or promoting terrorism.
- Your chatbots must not engage in conversation that incites directly or indirectly in the targeted abuse or harassment of others.
- Your chatbots must not engage in conversation that directly or indirectly promotes violence against or directly attack or threaten other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or disease.
- Your chatbots must not engage in conversation that directly or indirectly communicates individual’s private and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, street address, or Social Security/National Identity numbers, without their express authorization and permission.
- Your chatbots must not engage in conversation that directly or indirectly communicates intimate photos or videos that were taken or distributed without the subject’s consent.
- Your chatbots must not engage in conversation that directly or indirectly communicates any form that could be construed as potential child abuse.
- Your chatbots must not engage in conversation that impersonates others in a manner that is intended to or does mislead, confuse, or deceive others.
- Your chatbots must not engage in conversation incites directly or indirectly suicide or self-harm.
- Your chatbots must not engage in conversation regarding advice in matters of health, finance or other forms of advisory matters without making clear of the need to seek human expertise for surety.
- Your chatbots must not engage in conversation that directly or indirectly converses in matters that could be construed as a criminal matter within the G20 major economies.
9. Computer Offences
If you do anything which is a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990, your right to use the site will end straightaway. We will report you to the relevant authorities and give them your identity. Examples of computer misuse include introducing viruses, worms, Trojans and other technologically harmful or damaging material. You must not try to get access to our server or any connected database or make any ‘attack’ on our Chatbot Author Product, Chatbot Author Service, generated Df2020 Chatbots or our websites. You must not modify, adapt, hack, attempt to undermine or violate the security of Chatbot Author Product, Chatbot Author Service, generated Df2020 Chatbots or our websites. We will not be legally responsible to you for any damage from viruses or other harmful material that you pick up from our Chatbot Author Product, Chatbot Author Service, generated Df2020 Chatbots or our websites.
We are constantly changing and improving our services generally. We may add, change, suspend, stop, or remove: functionalities, features, and services. We may change these terms at any time and you must check them regularly for changes because they are binding on you. If you do not agree to the modified terms for a Chatbot Author Product or Chatbot Author Service, you should discontinue your use of that Chatbot Service.
11. Trade Mark
Df2020 and the Df2020 Logo are our trade marks. UGIC – User Generated Interactive Content is our trade mark registered in the United Kingdom.
12. Applicable Law
The courts of England and Wales have the only right to hear claims related to the site, and all disputes are governed by English law.
13. Contact Us
Please email us at email@example.com to contact us about any issues.
About your use of Chatbot Author Product, Chatbot Author Service, generated Df2020 Chatbots or our websites, we may send you service announcements, administrative messages, and other information. You may opt out of some of those communications.
15. Our Warranties and Disclaimers
We provide our Services using a commercially reasonable level of skill and care and we hope that you will enjoy using them. But there are certain things that we do not promise about our Services.
OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS OR ADDITIONAL TERMS, NONE OF Df2020, OR ITS RELATED ENTITIES MAKES ANY SPECIFIC PROMISES ABOUT THE SERVICES THEY OFFER. FOR EXAMPLE, WE DO NOT MAKE ANY COMMITMENTS ABOUT THE CONTENT WITHIN THE SERVICES, THE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS OF THE SERVICES, OR THEIR RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, OR ABILITY TO MEET YOUR NEEDS. WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES “AS IS”. SOME JURISDICTIONS PROVIDE FOR CERTAIN WARRANTIES, LIKE THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXCLUDE ALL SUCH WARRANTIES.
16. Liability for our Services
AS STATED IN SECTION 6 ABOVE TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, Df2020, AND ANY RELATED ENTITIES, WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST PROFITS, REVENUES, OR DATA, FINANCIAL LOSSES OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL, DAMAGES. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF df2020, AND ANY RELATED ENTITIES, FOR ANY CLAIMS UNDER THESE TERMS, INCLUDING FOR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID US TO USE THE CHATBOT AUTHOR PRODUCT OR CHATBOT SERVICES (OR, IF WE CHOOSE, TO SUPPLYING YOU THE CHATBOT AUTHOR PRODUCT OR CHATBOT SERVICES AGAIN).